Thursday, February 11, 2010

Be agressive!

Things just piling up and I am very excited!
Recently, life for me is just wonderful. I have a very flexible term 2 which allows me to have more time for studies and fun.
I just register for the Exeter Award. This means that I will have a lot of things to do to earn my award. University provides a lot of opportunities and good aid to assist students to maximize their potential in every field. I personally took that for granted and did not make full use of what the Uni has to offer. Therefore, this term, I want to be more aggressive and get involve and commit to what I am doing.
I signed up for a variety of Employability workshop which are very useful. I learn to know what kind of employees big companies are looking for.Big companies I mean Ernst & Young, JP Morgan, Accenture, Bloomberg, Thomas Reuters etc. I might not be the perfect candidate for them right now but who knows after 3 years, I will be the one that they are craving for?( haha, hopefully).
To build up my profile and my knowledge, I started to join and attend a lot of talks. Last friday, I went to Bloomberg Europe headquarter in London. It was such a good trip. I learned so much from the trip. Since, I am in the Economics field, I get to meet people who are experts in their field. Everytime I leave the lecture hall, I realise how shallow I am, there are so many things that I do not know about my future career prospect. I am so "katak".
Have to change my attitude for a better future, more applications to fill, more CV to write!
But I am excited for all these! Next week, I am going to meet people from PriceWaterHouseCoopers!!! woohooo!!!!!

Not forgetting, Chinese New Year is just around the corner!!! I bought 2 new dresses for £20!!! Good deal!^^!

Signing off!

No comments: