Sunday, January 24, 2010

Graduation!

First of all, to make things clear, it's not my graduation though! hahaha.....
It was my "sister" Aki's graduation!
Congratulations!
It was indeed so sweet of her to invite me to attend her master graduation ceremony. Although I just attending, I felt the happiness and the joyful of all the graduates. Some of them brought along the family. It was so sweet. The children were so proud of their dad/mom. A mother of a chinese master graduates broke into tears when her daughter went up stage to receive the certificate from the chancellor. She was very emotional. I guess most of the parents will be emotional especially the parents themselves have not been to a university or the graduate is the first in the family to graduate from a university.
You can tell the process of the ceremony was kinda bored and dull, I entertained myself by listening to the thesis of the Phd students. Their thesis were so difficult to understand. ie "photo-induced of the two dimensional hole-system", or "nanocrynomites xxxxxxxx in the lettuce prevent the rice fungus xxxxxxxxx" etc. It was pretty impressive and I gave my fullest respect to those who gained their doctorate in their perspective fields.


woohoo~~ MSC. It will never happen to me.


and there she is!


Brenda, who was also graduated from Biosciences field.


Yup, it's Aki the Iraqi!
After ceremony tea, the scones were sooooo good!

After graduation, Aki brought me to a Greek party. It was so fun. They played Greek songs the whole night and the people were enjoying themselves so much by dancing the traditional dances and moves. It was like a festival!!! Learning about their culture was so interesting and the people were so welcoming. Therefore, I am planning to go to Greece this coming Easter break!! Woohoo~~~ It's time for some Mediterranean experience!!! hahhaaha~~ looking forward to!!!


Aki loves my chubby face!



Hi Greece, I am coming soon~~


σε αγαπώ and μου λείπεις


No comments: