Monday, January 12, 2009

Exeter the UnExpected!

I fall in love with the city and the university.
It is just the kind of Uni that I would have thought when I was younger.
People are walking or cycling to school. The campus is so big and they have everything inside. Book shop, shopping centre, cafes, bars, restaurants, theatre and night clubs.
University is really big and it takes time to walk from one place to another. Of course not as BIG as London universities that scattered all around the city but is huge campus.
Everyday I have to walk 20 mins to Uni.
Sometimes if I feel like going to city center, that is another 20 min from accomodation.
15 min of walk is actually nothing but Exeter is a city in the valley and the university is just on top of the hill...... hahahha..... and THAT is the killing part!
I have blisters on my feet not the back heel part but on my toes.
First time I had it on me, and I think I do not have a proper walking shoes which is causing that blisters.
So, I bought 3 pairs of shoes in one go!!!
A pair of boots
A pair of Nike sport shoes.
A pair of Adidas Sneakers.
All together 72 pounds! ~hey big spender~



I love the University Library, It opens 24 hours, 7 days per week. I just can go to the library whenever I want. The problem is that who willing to accompany me to go all the way to library to study??? haha.... no one and I guess I have to stay in my room to study......

Exeter town is just a small one but have everything that I need. From groceries like M&S, Sainsbury to Topshop, Jack Wills, we have it all in High street. Not too bad. It is definitely not as hustle bustle as in London but is ample to me. The most of all, I like it. I just like the English feel. There is a cafe in the Cathedral and the scones there taste so good. 1 pound each. Not too bad anyway. Food is good for me. I always eat good food. Food here are not expensive. You can have a traditional English breakfast with sausages, bacon and stuff in less than 3pounds.

is just like eating in KL standard. Is not too expensive!


First week was actually nothing much as u all might have know it. Weekends was just crazy.We had crazy nights on last Friday and Saturday though. Friday night was Sushi night as one of the Japanese friends is making us Sushi. It is not in my flat. It's in Campus. So, Hitomi, Taek and I walk all away there to join the International event. We have Japanese, Malaysians, Nigerians, Spanish, Switzerland,Russians, Italian, Korean, Indonesian and later come a few guys and I forget where are they from. The night was splendid and saw the guys get drunk is always a funny thing to look at! Crazy acts are all over the place. U might have notice the pictures in facebook.


Saturday night, we plan to go clubbing. So the dinner was prepared by pretty Laura from Spain. She cooked us dinner. The food was marvellous!!!! Good Spanish homedishes.... we enjoy ourselves! We had a huge discussion about Hitler on the night. Phew, almost had a fight that Ahmen like Hitler.... ahahhahhahaa...... Later the night, we went clubbing, Arena club and I just can say there are so many things to see when going to clubbing in UK. There was a freak old man keep on staring at Jimmy and later went up to him and said " I love you". I was laughing all the way.Hahahahaah.......
Entrance fee was 6 pounds and the guys pay for my drink. What I can say on that night was, I was the only one who has the body covered up the most. Hahahaha......LAdies there are piping hot! and so little clothes. I wonder did they feel cold or something???
The club closed at 2.30am and Kevin walked me home. So nice of him!!!!



On Sunday, I have to cook for "my kids". I made soup, fried beef with onions and stir fried Lamb liver. Imagine lamb liver? I didn't know how to cook it. It stinks so badly but Hitomi loves it. She enjoys every pieces of it. I just ate 1 and that's all for me! We had lovely lunch with 6 dishes and 1 soup! but only 6 of us!!!! hahaha.....The cola chicken which made by Monica was absolutely perfect. So tasty, I have to learn that recipe! Later on, we went shopping again! Hhaha.... that's when I got my shoes!!!



Hectic First week and that's about all from me.
Have to concentrate on studying now!
All my friends, We work hard together ya!!!!!


Miss ya and love ya loads!!!!



Greetings from Exeter,
Angeline




No comments: